PROPERTIES FOR DIFFUSION-OPEN AIR BARRIER PAPER AND TAPE
DESCRIPTION OF THE VAPOUR CONTROL LAYER (VCL)
A special building paper that is a barrier to air, but open to vapour diffusion.
It allows the controlled passing of humidity, enabling the creation of a breathing construction.
Specially suited in combination with insulation of the natural fibre flax.
Re-enforced three layer building paper with a strong net between the two outside paper layers
to withstand unwished cuts and increased ability to handle physical tension and weight.
Easy handling and installation. Simply cut with sissors to the required size.
Product is not a moisture shield.
PRODUCT PACKAGING – building paper
Roll of 60m2, width 130cm, length 46m, total weight 10kg.
- Product analysis: Vapour Control Layer.
Three layer laminated net-reinforced building paper preventing unwished cuts.
Diffusion-open air barrier for installation on the warm side of a breathing building envelope.
For the creation of diffusion-open (breathing) constructions,
especially in combination with insulating materials on natural fibre basis.
- Weight: 165 g/m2 according EN 1849-2
- Thickness: 0,25 mm
- Nail tearing strength:
210 N, lengthwise according EN 12310-1 in cross-direction according EN 13859-2
- Tensile strength:
- lengthwise: 16,25 kN/m according EN 12311-2
- cross-direction: 8,25 kN/m according EN 12311-2
- Elongation at break
- lengthwise: 3% according EN 13859-1
- cross-direction: 9% according EN 13859-2
- Equivalent diffusion thickness value (Sd): 0,64 m. according EN 1931
- Water vapour permeability (W): 3 kg/m2sPa x 10-10 according EN 1931
- Water vapour resistance (Zp): 31/3 x 109m2sPa/kg according EN 1931
DESCRIPTION OF AIR BARRIER PAPER TAPE
Area of application: diffusion-open (so-called breathing) constructions.
Affix the tape firmly over the seam of the air barrier paper to ensure a durable airtight construction.
The tape's special characteristics fulfil important requirements:
- long-term reliability
- wide operating temperature range (-40°C - +100°C)
- very low minimum installation temperature (-10°C)
- moisture resistant
- very strong tape with high adhesive strength (35N/25mm on steel)
- extra wide roll for easy installation
PRODUCT PACKAGING - tape
Roll, width 60mm, length 25m.
Please observe the following rules during installation:
- Tape the building paper joints or overlap at least 20cm and staple on the framework at 40cm intervals.
- First cover the ceiling-area with building paper and after that cover the walls.
- Building paper has to be installed with care and in case of failures or cuts it must be repaired or replaced.