LINEN INSULATION PROPERTIES
Manufactured in thermobonding airlaid process for three-dimensional stability.
Standard thicknesses are: 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 mm.
Standard widths: 565mm (thicknesses 50/75/100/125/150mm)
and 865/870mm (thicknesses 100/125/150mm).
ENVIRONMENTAL AND HUMAN HEALTH ADVANTAGES
- fibres form no possible health risk
- biodegradable and disposable
- low load on the environment
- no pollution of air and water,
- no emission of harmful chemicals like formaldehydes,
isocyanates, organohalogens, (H)CFCs, etc.
- total process: good energy balance
- the annually regrowing crop is an inexhaustible resource that does not contribute to global warming.
even better; during its growth it converts the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide (CO2) into oxygen (O2).
- roll form reduces the amount of seams (points of heat loss)
and speeds up installation process (one piece from ceiling to floor)
- roll form is an excellent solution, specifically for older buildings with varying joist widths,
where it is necessary to cut pieces of different sizes
- plate form can be easier to handle in places difficult to reach
- no need to wear various inconvenient personal protection means
to avoid irritation of the eyes, skin and lungs
- areas need not be forced ventilated during installation.
- very good thermal and acoustical insulating properties
- flax insulation offers excellent temperature buffering characteristics,
resulting in gradual temperature changes for a comfortable indoor living climate
- very good “breathing” properties due to its hollow-fibre composition
which can have beneficial effects on surrounding constructions as well.
RANGE OF APPLICATIONS
Thermal and acoustical insulation:
- ceilings and floors
- W and WL
- according DIN 18165-1
Download brochure Download measurements Download cutting instructions
- Linen insulation consists of: flax fibre, textile binder fibre and environmentally friendly flame retardant
- Thermal conductivity: λ10 = 0.038 W/mK, acc. ISO 8301 / DIN 52616
and WLG 040 acc. DIN 18165
- Flame retardancy : Treated with environmentally friendly flame retardant for
according EN-ISO 11925-2 and class B2 according DIN 4102-1 for building materials
and meets Euroclass E acc. EN 13501-1
- Specific heat capacity: c = 1600 J/kgK
- Water vapour diffusion coefficient: μ = 1-2 according DIN 52615 / DIN 4108-5
- Humidity sorption: according EN-ISO 12571 / DIN 52620
- Air permeability ι⊥: 230x10-6 m3/m.s.Pa
- Estimated service life: minimum 75 years
- NIBE environmental classification: class 1a (best achievable, reference)
- Linen insulation has a natural fibre smell that will diminish over time
Flax wool installation video clips on YouTube breathinghouse Channel
ISOLINA on YouTube
Social Media &
Tel:+358 5 483540